Slow Cooked Rump Roast
Coming home after a long hard day on the farm, this is what I want to smell. A tender, flavorful rump roast with all the trimmings!
- 1 3-4 lb rump roast
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika smoked if possible
- 2 tsp chili powder
- .5 tsp cayenne
- .5 tsp garlic minced
- .25 tsp mustard powder or a good mustard
- .5 cup beef stock chicken stock or water works too
- Combine all the spices above together and mix well.
- Generously rub this spice mixture all over your rump roast to your taste liking. If you don’t like too many spices just lightly coat it.
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with your diced onions.
- Place your seasoned roast on top
- Pour in your beef stock
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- if you have the time you can make a thick gravy with your liquid. Melt a bit of butter in a pan, add a dab of flour, cook for about 4 minutes and slowly add the liquid from the crock pot.