This recipe is adapted from the Williams-Sonoma Pulled Pork recipe and it just can’t be beat! It’s a no-fail recipe that can be made with a myriad of sauces depending on your cravings and on your stores.
Serve these hearty sandwiches with homemade or good-quality prepared coleslaw or potato salad. Traditionally, coleslaw is served atop the pork in the sandwich but anything from pickles to just plain mustard and mayo are perfect for this trusty comfort food. This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 4.5 hours to cook and serves about 8 hungry guests.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 lb. Pasture Raised boneless pork shoulder, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Soft sandwich rolls, split and toasted, for serving