- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium-sized yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1/2-1 pound RCF beef or Pork chorizo
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1½ pounds RCF ground beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped, or one 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ⅔c up raisins
- ⅔ cup pitted stuffed olives.
Put the olive oil in a large, heavy pan set over a medium-high flame, and heat until it begins to shimmer. Add onions and garlic, stir to combine, and cook until the onions are soft ad translucent. approximately 10 minutes.
Add the ground beef and chorizo, and allow it to brown, crumbling the meat with a fork as it does. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Add tomatoes, vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, bay leaves, cloves, and nutmeg and stir to combine. Lower the heat, and let the stew simmer, covered, for approximately 30 minutes
Uncover the pan, and add the raisins and the olives. Allow the stew to cook for another 15 minutes or so, then serve, accompanied by white rice.