Chicken - Roasted Chicken Breast with Carrots and Onions
This recipe calls for prunes but any sweet, dried fruit works great. Normally you see these ingredients mixed together in a long braise but this is a nice, quick recipe that the whole family will love. This recipe calls for bone in chicken breast but use whatever you have on hand. This is great served over couscous or rice.
Servings: 4 People
- 4 Bone in chicken breast 10 to 12 ounces each
- 1 Pound Carrots peeled and half lengthwise and cut into half-inch chunks
- 6 Garlic cloves quartered
- 1 medium red onion halved, cut into half inch wedges
- course salt
- fresh ground pepper
- .75 cup pitted prunes quartered lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the carrots, garlic, and onion around the chicken; season the chicken and vegetables generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes
- Toss the prunes with the vegetables. Continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through in the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve the chicken and vegetables over couscous or rice if desired.