Chicken - Buttermilk Baked Chicken
This is a great recipe for any and all pieces of chicken. For the least expensive route learn how to cut up a whole chicken. For the quickest route, grab River Cottage Farm boneless thighs, boneless, skinless chicken breast or bone-in chicken breast.
Servings: 4 people
- oil for baking sheet
- 8 pieces bread
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 ts hot pepper sauce
- course salt
- fresh ground pepper
- .75 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 ts dried thyme
- 4 lbs Pasture Raised chicken parts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Generously rub a baking sheet with oil. In a food processor, pulse the bread until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together the buttermilk, hot pepper sauce, 3/4 ts salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, turning to coat evenly. Working with one piece at a time, remove the chicken from the liquid, letting the excess drip back into the bowl; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place the coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Leave enough space between the chicken pieces so that they crisp evenly all the way around.
- Bake until the chicken is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
From Great Food Fast, Martha Stewart Living