Welcome to the River Cottage Farm Store!
Shop our pasture-raised, sustainably farmed products from your home. All prices are per package unless otherwise noted. Please check availability on the Product Detail page. Select your items and place your order. You should immediately receive an automated order confirmation email which lets you know that your order was placed correctly. We will then process your order, sending you another email which will contain finalized item details and your total order price. Some weights may vary on steaks and roasts.
Order pick-up locations include the Bowling Green Community Farmers Market, the Franklin Farmers Market and the Friends Meeting House in Nashville. Click Here to view delivery location details and maps.
Have a question about something in our shop? Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Shop River Cottage Farms
Home / Shop / Grass Fed Beef
- Customer Reviews (0)
If you think animal fat is something you should stay away from in the kitchen, think again! BUT ALWAYS make sure you are eating 100% organic, grass-fed, pastured animals when you do eat beef fat since many toxins are stored in grain-fed animal fat.
1. Grass-fed beef fat contains a powerful fat burner called Conjugated Linoleic Acid that is sold as a supplement at vitamin stores for ridiculous prices. CLA has been proven to reduce body fat and increase lean muscle mass. There is 300-500% more CLA in grass-fed animals than in corn-fed animals. The CLA pills sold supplement stores are made from Safflower oil which is likely oxidized and rancid so it is much better to get CLA from heat-stable grass-fed animal fat.
2. CLA has been shown in many studies to lower cancer risk and reduce malignant tumors in mice.
3. CLA has been shown in studies to be anti-inflammatory and protective against heart disease.
4. Researchers have found that CLA reduced symptoms of inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s.
5. It is naturally pure white to light yellow in color and has omega 6:3 ratios which are similar to fish.
6. Tallow is rich in heart-healthy fatty acids such as stearic acid and CLA. Although considered a ‘saturated’ fat, tallow has about 50-55% saturated, 40% monounsaturated and 3-6% polyunsaturated fatty acids.