Welcome to the River Cottage Farm Store!
All prices are per package unless otherwise noted. Please check availability on the Product Detail page. Select your items and place your order. You should immediately receive an automated order confirmation email which lets you know that your order was placed correctly. We will then process your order, sending you another email which will contain finalized item details and your total order price. Some weights may vary on steaks and roasts.
Order pick-up locations include the Bowling Green Community Farmers Market, the Franklin Farmers Market and the Friends Meeting House in Nashville. Click Here to view delivery location details.
To order to keep contact with others at a minimum we’re implementing a new payment system. Due to the nature of weighed items, it’s impossible to list each item separately with a unique price so now, when you place an order you will receive a confirmation letter and we will pack your order. You’ll then receive an invoice which you can pay online. Your order will be taken to your drop off or farmer’s market where you’ll find coolers set up with paper bags with your name and order listed.
We will still be set up at farmer’s markets for on-the-spot orders but pre-ordering will help to keep the lines to a minimum.
Thanks so much for your support!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Home / Shop / Grass Fed Beef
- Customer Reviews (0)
If you think animal fat is something you should stay away from in the kitchen, think again! BUT ALWAYS make sure you are eating 100% organic, grass-fed, pastured animals when you do eat beef fat since many toxins are stored in grain-fed animal fat.
1. Grass-fed beef fat contains a powerful fat burner called Conjugated Linoleic Acid that is sold as a supplement at vitamin stores for ridiculous prices. CLA has been proven to reduce body fat and increase lean muscle mass. There is 300-500% more CLA in grass-fed animals than in corn-fed animals. The CLA pills sold supplement stores are made from Safflower oil which is likely oxidized and rancid so it is much better to get CLA from heat-stable grass-fed animal fat.
2. CLA has been shown in many studies to lower cancer risk and reduce malignant tumors in mice.
3. CLA has been shown in studies to be anti-inflammatory and protective against heart disease.
4. Researchers have found that CLA reduced symptoms of inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s.
5. It is naturally pure white to light yellow in color and has omega 6:3 ratios which are similar to fish.
6. Tallow is rich in heart-healthy fatty acids such as stearic acid and CLA. Although considered a ‘saturated’ fat, tallow has about 50-55% saturated, 40% monounsaturated and 3-6% polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Add a review for Beef Tallow